Love is a double-edged sword – it can make you happier than you’ve ever felt in your life, or, if you’re not careful, it can cloud your judgement and drive you temporarily insane. On Raphael Saadiq‘s 100 Yard Dash (101 Yard Remix), the singer doesn’t seem to know whether he’s running towards or away from the woman in question, but one thing’s for sure: he’s got it bad. Unable to escape his desire to be with her, the lovesick Saadiq dashes for the nearest bar to treat his blues with a double-shot and a smoke. As one would expect from the Tony! Toni! Toné! alumnus, the song’s instrumental backing screams old-school soul, pitting the singer’s silken voice against a simple, descending bassline and a few ringing guitar notes before pulling out all the stops for a climactic, overdriven finale. 100 Yard Dash was originally included on Saadiq’s fourth studio album, The Way I See It (in stores now).
Listen to More: Raphael Saadiq
Written by richard on 01/12/09
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.