Love is a double-edged sword – it can make you happier than you’ve ever felt in your life, or, if you’re not careful, it can cloud your judgement and drive you temporarily insane. On Raphael Saadiq‘s 100 Yard Dash (101 Yard Remix), the singer doesn’t seem to know whether he’s running towards or away from the woman in question, but one thing’s for sure: he’s got it bad. Unable to escape his desire to be with her, the lovesick Saadiq dashes for the nearest bar to treat his blues with a double-shot and a smoke. As one would expect from the Tony! Toni! Toné! alumnus, the song’s instrumental backing screams old-school soul, pitting the singer’s silken voice against a simple, descending bassline and a few ringing guitar notes before pulling out all the stops for a climactic, overdriven finale. 100 Yard Dash was originally included on Saadiq’s fourth studio album, The Way I See It (in stores now).
Written by richard on 01/12/09
Submit your Rating
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.