Love is a double-edged sword – it can make you happier than you’ve ever felt in your life, or, if you’re not careful, it can cloud your judgement and drive you temporarily insane. On Raphael Saadiq‘s 100 Yard Dash (101 Yard Remix), the singer doesn’t seem to know whether he’s running towards or away from the woman in question, but one thing’s for sure: he’s got it bad. Unable to escape his desire to be with her, the lovesick Saadiq dashes for the nearest bar to treat his blues with a double-shot and a smoke. As one would expect from the Tony! Toni! Toné! alumnus, the song’s instrumental backing screams old-school soul, pitting the singer’s silken voice against a simple, descending bassline and a few ringing guitar notes before pulling out all the stops for a climactic, overdriven finale. 100 Yard Dash was originally included on Saadiq’s fourth studio album, The Way I See It (in stores now).
Written by richard on 01/12/09
Submit your Rating
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.