Love is a double-edged sword – it can make you happier than you’ve ever felt in your life, or, if you’re not careful, it can cloud your judgement and drive you temporarily insane. On Raphael Saadiq‘s 100 Yard Dash (101 Yard Remix), the singer doesn’t seem to know whether he’s running towards or away from the woman in question, but one thing’s for sure: he’s got it bad. Unable to escape his desire to be with her, the lovesick Saadiq dashes for the nearest bar to treat his blues with a double-shot and a smoke. As one would expect from the Tony! Toni! Toné! alumnus, the song’s instrumental backing screams old-school soul, pitting the singer’s silken voice against a simple, descending bassline and a few ringing guitar notes before pulling out all the stops for a climactic, overdriven finale. 100 Yard Dash was originally included on Saadiq’s fourth studio album, The Way I See It (in stores now).
Listen to More: Raphael Saadiq Written by richard
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!