Love is a double-edged sword – it can make you happier than you’ve ever felt in your life, or, if you’re not careful, it can cloud your judgement and drive you temporarily insane. On Raphael Saadiq‘s 100 Yard Dash (101 Yard Remix), the singer doesn’t seem to know whether he’s running towards or away from the woman in question, but one thing’s for sure: he’s got it bad. Unable to escape his desire to be with her, the lovesick Saadiq dashes for the nearest bar to treat his blues with a double-shot and a smoke. As one would expect from the Tony! Toni! Toné! alumnus, the song’s instrumental backing screams old-school soul, pitting the singer’s silken voice against a simple, descending bassline and a few ringing guitar notes before pulling out all the stops for a climactic, overdriven finale. 100 Yard Dash was originally included on Saadiq’s fourth studio album, The Way I See It (in stores now).
Written by richard on 01/12/09
Submit your Rating
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.