Impressive as they may be in themselves, the Egyptian pyramids derive much of their awesome impact from the fact that no one’s quite certain how they were constructed. Similarly, the lead single off Statik Selektah and Jersey rhymesayer Ransom‘s forthcoming collaborative debut seems destined to fascinate hip-hop scholars and laymen alike for years to come; the sheer amount of dopeness packed into its three minutes-and-change is frankly Unexplainable. As usual, Statik exhibits a sharp ear for samples, layering a subtly addictive keyboard loop over swung percussion and tying his beat together with some expert cuts and scratches. Ransom delivers bars to match the gritty, yet melodic instrumental, reflecting on his ascent to hip-hop’s upper echelons in hard-hitting verses. The Proposal is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, September 10. In the meantime, fans can hear more from Statik Selektah on his recently-released solo set, Extended Play.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's Ransom " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.