Shampain and other previously-featured cuts off Ransom‘s recent collaborative LP with Statik Selektah have found the New Jersey rhymesayer showcasing the aggressive side of his flow whilst touting his street bona fides and letting loose at his foes in the game. So it may come as a little bit of a surprise to hear him settle into a little relaxed game-spitting on Jade, the project’s latest single. While he’s well aware of the incongruity (On the front, he admits, “Yeah I’ve been known to squeeze triggers, I’m all gully / So you should never believe n**gas who talk funny.”), his rough edges coexist with an undeniable talent for flirtation, as evidenced by his witty, innuendo-packed verses. Statik’s contribution to the jam, a soulful beat laced with chopped vocal samples, is no less irresistible. Rik Cordero and Three 21 Media double up to direct the low-key visuals. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on The Proposal, independently released in September.
Written by richard on 02/23/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.