Shampain and other previously-featured cuts off Ransom‘s recent collaborative LP with Statik Selektah have found the New Jersey rhymesayer showcasing the aggressive side of his flow whilst touting his street bona fides and letting loose at his foes in the game. So it may come as a little bit of a surprise to hear him settle into a little relaxed game-spitting on Jade, the project’s latest single. While he’s well aware of the incongruity (On the front, he admits, “Yeah I’ve been known to squeeze triggers, I’m all gully / So you should never believe n**gas who talk funny.”), his rough edges coexist with an undeniable talent for flirtation, as evidenced by his witty, innuendo-packed verses. Statik’s contribution to the jam, a soulful beat laced with chopped vocal samples, is no less irresistible. Rik Cordero and Three 21 Media double up to direct the low-key visuals. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on The Proposal, independently released in September.
Written by richard on 02/23/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)