Don’t understand what motivates someone like Ransom to start hustling? Take a sip from the Jersey rhymesayer’s cup, and you’ll understand exactly what makes him tick. Contrary to what the creatively-spelled title might suggest, the struggle and suffering described on new single Shampain is the genuine article. MVP‘s choral synths and furtive guitar loops set the mood as the emcee describes the combination of ambition and desperation that attracted him to the street life, and the stress of keeping one’s paper up while dodging jail time. D-Block veteran Jadakiss and Wu-Tang representative Raekwon lend their time-tested flows to the latter two verses, and an uncredited singer ties the record together with some Autotuned hook vocals. Shampain is the first single off independent full-length Pain&Glory, which as yet lacks a drop date. While you wait for further details, why not take a listen to Ransom’s last solo feature, Statik Selektah collab It’s Ransom?
Written by richard on 02/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.