There are plenty of sights that evoke a sense of the sublime – you know, the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, the Aurora Borealis – but little can compare to the grandeur of the Ghetto Dance performed by one special shawty. On his latest single and first Booth feature, rising R&B star Range bears witness to this spectacular phenomenon, and emerges from the experience a changed man. Backed by his and heavyweight production team Stargate‘s stark, percussion-driven boardwork, he attempts to put his feelings into (Auto-Tuned) words: “She’s a five-star chick, a little five-star girl / She’s the only thing shining in this overcast world.” Equally entranced by the aforementioned female, Maybach general Rick Ross steps up to the mic to rhapsodize about her smooth moves (and his own freshness) on the back end. While this single’s strictly-for-the-club style may not be everyone’s cup of tea, those looking to get low will likely find that it suits their purposes perfectly. For more, check out Range’s No Strings LP, due out sometime this fall via Stargate/Roc Nation/Columbia.
Written by richard on 05/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"B.Y.A (Beautiful You Are)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.