Since Duck Down Records has so much talent on their roster, it makes perfect sense that three of their dopest artists have come together to bring us some raw hip-hop. The latest single from Random Axe, comprised of Black Milk, Sean Price and Guilty Simpson is entitled Random Call, a soulful yet heavy mixture that will surely get any hip-hop head bobbin. Produced by Black Milk the piano riff over the heavy drums gives you that real rap feel and compliments the three emcees perfectly. Although not as hardcore as their other release Hex, the song is a lot smoother, full of the heavy punchlines and nothing short of that classic Duck Down sound. Like Hex, fans can look forward to a video for this in early June directed by the talented Todd Angkasuwan. Random Axe’s self-titled album is out June 14 (via Duck Down Music).
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/25/11
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.