Since Duck Down Records has so much talent on their roster, it makes perfect sense that three of their dopest artists have come together to bring us some raw hip-hop. The latest single from Random Axe, comprised of Black Milk, Sean Price and Guilty Simpson is entitled Random Call, a soulful yet heavy mixture that will surely get any hip-hop head bobbin. Produced by Black Milk the piano riff over the heavy drums gives you that real rap feel and compliments the three emcees perfectly. Although not as hardcore as their other release Hex, the song is a lot smoother, full of the heavy punchlines and nothing short of that classic Duck Down sound. Like Hex, fans can look forward to a video for this in early June directed by the talented Todd Angkasuwan. Random Axe’s self-titled album is out June 14 (via Duck Down Music).
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/25/11
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.