As the biggest name in hip-hop right now, Lil Wayne knows that anything connected to him will get automatic buzz. Therefore, he’s formed a brand-new division of Young Money Ent. called Young Money West, which, in addition to current YME artist (and Best of the Booth winner) Tyga, will be home to various new artists from the West Coast. The first brand-new signee is Inland Empire (Ontario - San Bernardino) native Raje’; his first single is the “remix, baaaaby” of underground bottom-to-the-top anthem Loser. With Weezy handling the first verse, Raje’ certainly has his work cut out for him. Fortunately, he’s able to keep up till it’s time to make way for Tyga’s closing verse. With such a head start, don’t be surprised if Raje’ gets very close to the top with his debut album, You’re Welcome, which should be released later in ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 01/26/09
Submit your Rating
A.S.A.P./Young Money West
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Fly ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.