As the biggest name in hip-hop right now, Lil Wayne knows that anything connected to him will get automatic buzz. Therefore, he’s formed a brand-new division of Young Money Ent. called Young Money West, which, in addition to current YME artist (and Best of the Booth winner) Tyga, will be home to various new artists from the West Coast. The first brand-new signee is Inland Empire (Ontario - San Bernardino) native Raje’; his first single is the “remix, baaaaby” of underground bottom-to-the-top anthem Loser. With Weezy handling the first verse, Raje’ certainly has his work cut out for him. Fortunately, he’s able to keep up till it’s time to make way for Tyga’s closing verse. With such a head start, don’t be surprised if Raje’ gets very close to the top with his debut album, You’re Welcome, which should be released later in ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 01/26/09
Submit your Rating
A.S.A.P./Young Money West
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Fly ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.