As the biggest name in hip-hop right now, Lil Wayne knows that anything connected to him will get automatic buzz. Therefore, he’s formed a brand-new division of Young Money Ent. called Young Money West, which, in addition to current YME artist (and Best of the Booth winner) Tyga, will be home to various new artists from the West Coast. The first brand-new signee is Inland Empire (Ontario - San Bernardino) native Raje’; his first single is the “remix, baaaaby” of underground bottom-to-the-top anthem Loser. With Weezy handling the first verse, Raje’ certainly has his work cut out for him. Fortunately, he’s able to keep up till it’s time to make way for Tyga’s closing verse. With such a head start, don’t be surprised if Raje’ gets very close to the top with his debut album, You’re Welcome, which should be released later in ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 01/26/09
Submit your Rating
A.S.A.P./Young Money West
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Fly ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.