With his DJBooth-sponsored project right around the corner, Rain comes through once more to give us a taste of the album’s quality sound. The latest premiere, Time Flies, is a smoothed out record that Rain spits very comfortably on. Reminiscing about the past while enjoying his present lifestyle, the North Carolina emcee spits genuine, from the heart bars - but doesn’t overwhelm you with them: “We slide through the block party, where the women went? / Givin ones to the kids, let ‘em live a bit.” Skillfully, he showcases a balance that allows you to focus on the lyrics while still being able to groove to the beat. Speaking of the instrumental, which is also handled by Rain, it may just be the best part of the track; the sample driven production lulls the listener into a place of tranquility. Cuts like this are the reason I’m looking forward to July 21, when Rain finally drops his project American Dreamin’ (Pt. 3). But what can I say? I’m a sucker for artists who write and produce their own material.
Written by Jon Garcia on 07/19/10
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.