With his DJBooth-sponsored project right around the corner, Rain comes through once more to give us a taste of the album’s quality sound. The latest premiere, Time Flies, is a smoothed out record that Rain spits very comfortably on. Reminiscing about the past while enjoying his present lifestyle, the North Carolina emcee spits genuine, from the heart bars - but doesn’t overwhelm you with them: “We slide through the block party, where the women went? / Givin ones to the kids, let ‘em live a bit.” Skillfully, he showcases a balance that allows you to focus on the lyrics while still being able to groove to the beat. Speaking of the instrumental, which is also handled by Rain, it may just be the best part of the track; the sample driven production lulls the listener into a place of tranquility. Cuts like this are the reason I’m looking forward to July 21, when Rain finally drops his project American Dreamin’ (Pt. 3). But what can I say? I’m a sucker for artists who write and produce their own material.
Written by Jon Garcia on 07/19/10
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.