With his DJBooth-sponsored project right around the corner, Rain comes through once more to give us a taste of the album’s quality sound. The latest premiere, Time Flies, is a smoothed out record that Rain spits very comfortably on. Reminiscing about the past while enjoying his present lifestyle, the North Carolina emcee spits genuine, from the heart bars - but doesn’t overwhelm you with them: “We slide through the block party, where the women went? / Givin ones to the kids, let ‘em live a bit.” Skillfully, he showcases a balance that allows you to focus on the lyrics while still being able to groove to the beat. Speaking of the instrumental, which is also handled by Rain, it may just be the best part of the track; the sample driven production lulls the listener into a place of tranquility. Cuts like this are the reason I’m looking forward to July 21, when Rain finally drops his project American Dreamin’ (Pt. 3). But what can I say? I’m a sucker for artists who write and produce their own material.
Written by Jon Garcia on 07/19/10
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.