Rain’s first Booth feature, the appropriately-titled Hello, was well-received when it hit our front page back in December of ‘08. Though his first impression was a good one, the Fayetteville native takes the opportunity to reintroduce himself on his latest record, asking listeners to refer to him as Mr. Rainman. As he did on the previous feature, Rain focuses his verses on his ability to get paper and spend it lavishly (which, of course, makes him a hit with the ladies), showcasing his swagger-heavy flow along the way. Dee Jay Cas serves up a dizzying array of synths on the production tip, and his hook, which grabs a few Rihanna-referencing lines from Weezy‘s hit T-Pain collaboration, Got Money, invests the cut with a little extra star power. Rain’s debut LP, now titled The Fly Gangsta, has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans can look forward to his contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, scheduled to premiere in March.
Written by richard on 02/19/09
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.