Rain’s first Booth feature, the appropriately-titled Hello, was well-received when it hit our front page back in December of ‘08. Though his first impression was a good one, the Fayetteville native takes the opportunity to reintroduce himself on his latest record, asking listeners to refer to him as Mr. Rainman. As he did on the previous feature, Rain focuses his verses on his ability to get paper and spend it lavishly (which, of course, makes him a hit with the ladies), showcasing his swagger-heavy flow along the way. Dee Jay Cas serves up a dizzying array of synths on the production tip, and his hook, which grabs a few Rihanna-referencing lines from Weezy‘s hit T-Pain collaboration, Got Money, invests the cut with a little extra star power. Rain’s debut LP, now titled The Fly Gangsta, has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans can look forward to his contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, scheduled to premiere in March.
Listen to More: Rain
Written by richard on 02/19/09
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.