Rain’s first Booth feature, the appropriately-titled Hello, was well-received when it hit our front page back in December of ‘08. Though his first impression was a good one, the Fayetteville native takes the opportunity to reintroduce himself on his latest record, asking listeners to refer to him as Mr. Rainman. As he did on the previous feature, Rain focuses his verses on his ability to get paper and spend it lavishly (which, of course, makes him a hit with the ladies), showcasing his swagger-heavy flow along the way. Dee Jay Cas serves up a dizzying array of synths on the production tip, and his hook, which grabs a few Rihanna-referencing lines from Weezy‘s hit T-Pain collaboration, Got Money, invests the cut with a little extra star power. Rain’s debut LP, now titled The Fly Gangsta, has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans can look forward to his contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, scheduled to premiere in March.
Written by richard on 02/19/09
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.