Rain’s first Booth feature, the appropriately-titled Hello, was well-received when it hit our front page back in December of ‘08. Though his first impression was a good one, the Fayetteville native takes the opportunity to reintroduce himself on his latest record, asking listeners to refer to him as Mr. Rainman. As he did on the previous feature, Rain focuses his verses on his ability to get paper and spend it lavishly (which, of course, makes him a hit with the ladies), showcasing his swagger-heavy flow along the way. Dee Jay Cas serves up a dizzying array of synths on the production tip, and his hook, which grabs a few Rihanna-referencing lines from Weezy‘s hit T-Pain collaboration, Got Money, invests the cut with a little extra star power. Rain’s debut LP, now titled The Fly Gangsta, has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans can look forward to his contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, scheduled to premiere in March.
Listen to More: Rain
Written by richard on 02/19/09
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)