Rain May Not Be a household name quite yet, but just you wait; as the North Carolina emcee (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) explains on the the first of five exclusive world premieres off his forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album, he’s already living the life of a superstar – the rest of the world simply needs to catch up. Over the appropriately high-rolling, funk/soul-sampled production stylings of The Rush (Lex & Los), Rain fills us in on just how big he’s been doing it: “I’m in and out them lanes, I’m in and out them boutiques, my life is too sweet… I’m in and out them spots, poppin’ bottles and such, every night I slide out with some model.” The combo is so luxuriously catchy that listeners May Not Be able to stop their heads from nodding. As mentioned above, those who like what they’re hearing can expect plenty more precipitation in the weeks ahead – keep it locked for four more exclusives from Rain in the lead-up to July 21, when American Dreamin Pt. 3 is set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download!
Written by richard on 06/28/10
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.