Whatever place you call home, no matter what part of the world it’s in, you call it “home” for a reason – you’ve come to love it. It’s this love that enables us to look past what others may consider to be our homes’ major flaws, dangers, or disadvantages, and it’s also this love that often inspires the artistically-driven to put pen to paper. Fortunately, this is just what NC’s next star emcee (and In the Mix interview subject) Rain does on the second of five upcoming pre-album premieres, Home Sweet Home. Producer P. King lays the groundwork for Rain’s nostalgic lyrics with some earnest piano sweeps, mood-setting saxophone appearances, and the soul-powered voices of a choir that would have anyone wishing they could go back home (or building an appreciation for already being home). Home Sweet Home is just a taste of what Hurricane Rain has offer for those who are willing to hear him out, and when his Booth-sponsored album American Dreamin’ 3 hits the net July 21, expect to be blown away.
Written by Matty K on 07/6/10
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.