Whatever place you call home, no matter what part of the world it’s in, you call it “home” for a reason – you’ve come to love it. It’s this love that enables us to look past what others may consider to be our homes’ major flaws, dangers, or disadvantages, and it’s also this love that often inspires the artistically-driven to put pen to paper. Fortunately, this is just what NC’s next star emcee (and In the Mix interview subject) Rain does on the second of five upcoming pre-album premieres, Home Sweet Home. Producer P. King lays the groundwork for Rain’s nostalgic lyrics with some earnest piano sweeps, mood-setting saxophone appearances, and the soul-powered voices of a choir that would have anyone wishing they could go back home (or building an appreciation for already being home). Home Sweet Home is just a taste of what Hurricane Rain has offer for those who are willing to hear him out, and when his Booth-sponsored album American Dreamin’ 3 hits the net July 21, expect to be blown away.
Written by Matty K on 07/6/10
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.