If DJBooth.net were a farm and Rain was, uh, rain, our figurative crops would be getting pretty thirsty right about now. Fortunately for those hoping to salvage this year’s harvest, the drought has come to an end – this calls for a hootenanny! OK, OK; as you’ve probably guessed, I don’t know agriculture from a hole in the ground, and I have no idea what a hootenanny is. I do know, however, that it’s been too long since last we heard from North Carolina emcee Rain. On album leak Goodness Gracious, the N.C. Native and exclusive freestyle series participant discusses a cash crop that we’re all trying to cultivate: that is, cash itself. Flowing over his own street-ready, swung beat (featuring an apropos vocal sample from Biggie‘s Gimme the Loot), the up-and-comer fills us in on just how much paper he’s planning on stacking. On the back end, West Coast emcee Noah Jones takes center stage to flaunt his cutting-edge automobile collection: “Goodness gracious, my transportation’s futuristic like an outer-spaceship…” This money-hungry jam and much more will be found on Rain’s long-awaited Life in Marvelous Times LP, set to finally arrive in stores this June.
Written by richard on 03/10/10
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.