If DJBooth.net were a farm and Rain was, uh, rain, our figurative crops would be getting pretty thirsty right about now. Fortunately for those hoping to salvage this year’s harvest, the drought has come to an end – this calls for a hootenanny! OK, OK; as you’ve probably guessed, I don’t know agriculture from a hole in the ground, and I have no idea what a hootenanny is. I do know, however, that it’s been too long since last we heard from North Carolina emcee Rain. On album leak Goodness Gracious, the N.C. Native and exclusive freestyle series participant discusses a cash crop that we’re all trying to cultivate: that is, cash itself. Flowing over his own street-ready, swung beat (featuring an apropos vocal sample from Biggie‘s Gimme the Loot), the up-and-comer fills us in on just how much paper he’s planning on stacking. On the back end, West Coast emcee Noah Jones takes center stage to flaunt his cutting-edge automobile collection: “Goodness gracious, my transportation’s futuristic like an outer-spaceship…” This money-hungry jam and much more will be found on Rain’s long-awaited Life in Marvelous Times LP, set to finally arrive in stores this June.
Written by richard on 03/10/10
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.