If DJBooth.net were a farm and Rain was, uh, rain, our figurative crops would be getting pretty thirsty right about now. Fortunately for those hoping to salvage this year’s harvest, the drought has come to an end – this calls for a hootenanny! OK, OK; as you’ve probably guessed, I don’t know agriculture from a hole in the ground, and I have no idea what a hootenanny is. I do know, however, that it’s been too long since last we heard from North Carolina emcee Rain. On album leak Goodness Gracious, the N.C. Native and exclusive freestyle series participant discusses a cash crop that we’re all trying to cultivate: that is, cash itself. Flowing over his own street-ready, swung beat (featuring an apropos vocal sample from Biggie‘s Gimme the Loot), the up-and-comer fills us in on just how much paper he’s planning on stacking. On the back end, West Coast emcee Noah Jones takes center stage to flaunt his cutting-edge automobile collection: “Goodness gracious, my transportation’s futuristic like an outer-spaceship…” This money-hungry jam and much more will be found on Rain’s long-awaited Life in Marvelous Times LP, set to finally arrive in stores this June.
Written by richard on 03/10/10
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.