Few could deny that we’re living in a fascinating period in history, but with the war and poverty that plague the globe, can we really call these Marvelous Times? Rain thinks so and, after listening to Gimmie, the reason for his cheery outlook becomes crystal clear: he’s been having a downright marvelous time in the sack. The first leaked track off the North Carolina up-and-comer’s forthcoming street album finds Rain flowing over his own exotic, Bollywood-sampled boardwork, complete with a catchy, creatively misheard hook. The X-rated subject matter should catch listeners’ interest, but it’s Rain’s polysyllabic rhymes and witty wordplay that truly demand attention: “She need it like oxygen/ she get it poppin’ after sippin lot’s ‘o’ gin.” If Gimme leaves you thirsty for more new tunes, you can look forward to a figurative Rainstorm in early 2010, when Life In Marvelous Times hits the ‘net. In the meantime, keep your eyes on the sky (and our front page) for further trickles of new material from the Booth-acclaimed up-and-comer.
Listen to More: Rain
Written by richard on 11/11/09
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.