High-energy club cuts are never in short supply, but appropriate hip-hop for that chilled-out, post-party drive home is considerably rarer. If you’re looking for a track that perfectly captures the mellow, spacey exhaustion of early-AM hours under the glittering city lights, you’d be hard-pressed to find anything more fitting than this new single by reader-acclaimed up-and-comer Rain. Chasing the NightLife, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, finds the Carolina kid chronicling his grind-filled days and club-hopping nights in characteristically gruff verses. Though the rapper’s engaging delivery rewards repeat listens, it’s Magnedo who truly takes NightLife to the next level; wreathing Rain’s rhymes in slow-burning synths, the beatsmith crafts an intoxicating instrumental brimming with metropolitan ambience. This single’s Brian Johnston-directed music video is available now online; keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Rain’s Fly Gangster EP (which has yet to receive a solid release date), and, of course, more new tunes from the NC emcee.
Written by richard on 06/9/09
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.