High-energy club cuts are never in short supply, but appropriate hip-hop for that chilled-out, post-party drive home is considerably rarer. If you’re looking for a track that perfectly captures the mellow, spacey exhaustion of early-AM hours under the glittering city lights, you’d be hard-pressed to find anything more fitting than this new single by reader-acclaimed up-and-comer Rain. Chasing the NightLife, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, finds the Carolina kid chronicling his grind-filled days and club-hopping nights in characteristically gruff verses. Though the rapper’s engaging delivery rewards repeat listens, it’s Magnedo who truly takes NightLife to the next level; wreathing Rain’s rhymes in slow-burning synths, the beatsmith crafts an intoxicating instrumental brimming with metropolitan ambience. This single’s Brian Johnston-directed music video is available now online; keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Rain’s Fly Gangster EP (which has yet to receive a solid release date), and, of course, more new tunes from the NC emcee.
Written by richard on 06/9/09
Submit your Rating
First In Flight
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.