Last we heard from Rahzel Jr., on a Booth-premiered cut from September 2011, he was struggling to pick between Career and Love. Nearly three years later, I’m happy to say that his passion for hip-hop has kept him on his hustle. In fact, newly-released promo single The Culture finds the Philly representative (son of legendary beatboxer Rahzel) more driven than ever to make his mark on the game. In addition to spitting about his own aspirations, he laces !llmind‘s cinematic production with reflections on headier topics, including the Egyptian influence on African culture and his people’s contemporary struggles against classism and racism. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
Submit your Rating
Ready Roc Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"OverAchiever [Online Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.