2007 could be considered the year of “R&B resurrections,” with Musiq Soulchild, Joe, and Tank each making respective comebacks. Now, with three months left before ’08, Raheem DeVaughn looks to join the crowd, with his new single, Woman. DeVaughn describes his perfect woman as someone who can take care of herself, yet still holds down her man and isn’t jealous of her man’s success. The elements here (deep, descriptive lyrics, neo-soul band accompaniment) are exactly what helped Musiq get back to the top of the Billboard charts; will Raheem follow? November 27’s release of Love Behind the Melody should answer that question.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)