2007 could be considered the year of “R&B resurrections,” with Musiq Soulchild, Joe, and Tank each making respective comebacks. Now, with three months left before ’08, Raheem DeVaughn looks to join the crowd, with his new single, Woman. DeVaughn describes his perfect woman as someone who can take care of herself, yet still holds down her man and isn’t jealous of her man’s success. The elements here (deep, descriptive lyrics, neo-soul band accompaniment) are exactly what helped Musiq get back to the top of the Billboard charts; will Raheem follow? November 27’s release of Love Behind the Melody should answer that question.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.