2007 could be considered the year of “R&B resurrections,” with Musiq Soulchild, Joe, and Tank each making respective comebacks. Now, with three months left before ’08, Raheem DeVaughn looks to join the crowd, with his new single, Woman. DeVaughn describes his perfect woman as someone who can take care of herself, yet still holds down her man and isn’t jealous of her man’s success. The elements here (deep, descriptive lyrics, neo-soul band accompaniment) are exactly what helped Musiq get back to the top of the Billboard charts; will Raheem follow? November 27’s release of Love Behind the Melody should answer that question.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)