2007 could be considered the year of “R&B resurrections,” with Musiq Soulchild, Joe, and Tank each making respective comebacks. Now, with three months left before ’08, Raheem DeVaughn looks to join the crowd, with his new single, Woman. DeVaughn describes his perfect woman as someone who can take care of herself, yet still holds down her man and isn’t jealous of her man’s success. The elements here (deep, descriptive lyrics, neo-soul band accompaniment) are exactly what helped Musiq get back to the top of the Billboard charts; will Raheem follow? November 27’s release of Love Behind the Melody should answer that question.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.