2007 could be considered the year of “R&B resurrections,” with Musiq Soulchild, Joe, and Tank each making respective comebacks. Now, with three months left before ’08, Raheem DeVaughn looks to join the crowd, with his new single, Woman. DeVaughn describes his perfect woman as someone who can take care of herself, yet still holds down her man and isn’t jealous of her man’s success. The elements here (deep, descriptive lyrics, neo-soul band accompaniment) are exactly what helped Musiq get back to the top of the Billboard charts; will Raheem follow? November 27’s release of Love Behind the Melody should answer that question.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.