For years now, the predictable “re-release” has helped artists to achieve an RIAA certification that their originally-released project could not attain on its own. Following in the footsteps of recent re-releasees Rihanna and Chris Brown, neo-soul singer Raheem DeVaughn is hoping that his repackaged effort will help reinvigorate his always-growing but unresponsive fan base. Kicking off Love Behind The Melody (Version 2.0) is the relatable (and super-duper trendy) single, Text Messages. Singing in ‘shorthand format’ and using popular lingo like “LOL”, “ASAP” and “XOXO,” DeVaughn manages to soulfully capture how impersonal our communication has become. While the singer claims his inbox is ‘completely full,’ look for production team the Starmakers to experience that same fate as Text Messages goes on replay all summer long.
Written by DJ Z on 06/23/08
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.