For years now, the predictable “re-release” has helped artists to achieve an RIAA certification that their originally-released project could not attain on its own. Following in the footsteps of recent re-releasees Rihanna and Chris Brown, neo-soul singer Raheem DeVaughn is hoping that his repackaged effort will help reinvigorate his always-growing but unresponsive fan base. Kicking off Love Behind The Melody (Version 2.0) is the relatable (and super-duper trendy) single, Text Messages. Singing in ‘shorthand format’ and using popular lingo like “LOL”, “ASAP” and “XOXO,” DeVaughn manages to soulfully capture how impersonal our communication has become. While the singer claims his inbox is ‘completely full,’ look for production team the Starmakers to experience that same fate as Text Messages goes on replay all summer long.
Written by DJ Z on 06/23/08
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)