For years now, the predictable “re-release” has helped artists to achieve an RIAA certification that their originally-released project could not attain on its own. Following in the footsteps of recent re-releasees Rihanna and Chris Brown, neo-soul singer Raheem DeVaughn is hoping that his repackaged effort will help reinvigorate his always-growing but unresponsive fan base. Kicking off Love Behind The Melody (Version 2.0) is the relatable (and super-duper trendy) single, Text Messages. Singing in ‘shorthand format’ and using popular lingo like “LOL”, “ASAP” and “XOXO,” DeVaughn manages to soulfully capture how impersonal our communication has become. While the singer claims his inbox is ‘completely full,’ look for production team the Starmakers to experience that same fate as Text Messages goes on replay all summer long.
Written by DJ Z on 06/23/08
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.