For years now, the predictable “re-release” has helped artists to achieve an RIAA certification that their originally-released project could not attain on its own. Following in the footsteps of recent re-releasees Rihanna and Chris Brown, neo-soul singer Raheem DeVaughn is hoping that his repackaged effort will help reinvigorate his always-growing but unresponsive fan base. Kicking off Love Behind The Melody (Version 2.0) is the relatable (and super-duper trendy) single, Text Messages. Singing in ‘shorthand format’ and using popular lingo like “LOL”, “ASAP” and “XOXO,” DeVaughn manages to soulfully capture how impersonal our communication has become. While the singer claims his inbox is ‘completely full,’ look for production team the Starmakers to experience that same fate as Text Messages goes on replay all summer long.
Written by DJ Z on 06/23/08
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.