For years now, the predictable “re-release” has helped artists to achieve an RIAA certification that their originally-released project could not attain on its own. Following in the footsteps of recent re-releasees Rihanna and Chris Brown, neo-soul singer Raheem DeVaughn is hoping that his repackaged effort will help reinvigorate his always-growing but unresponsive fan base. Kicking off Love Behind The Melody (Version 2.0) is the relatable (and super-duper trendy) single, Text Messages. Singing in ‘shorthand format’ and using popular lingo like “LOL”, “ASAP” and “XOXO,” DeVaughn manages to soulfully capture how impersonal our communication has become. While the singer claims his inbox is ‘completely full,’ look for production team the Starmakers to experience that same fate as Text Messages goes on replay all summer long.
Listen to More: Raheem DeVaughn
Written by DJ Z on 06/23/08
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.