I cannot tell a lie, Booth readers: Raheem DeVaughn‘s latest single is f**king Ridiculous. While I’m using that adjective in the positive, slangy sense, the singer evidently wouldn’t mind if I applied the dictionary definition (“deserving or inviting derision or mockery”) to him. As long as he gets to be with a certain woman, he could care less what unkind words are aimed his way. On this heartfelt, Ne-Yo-penned ballad, the DMV resident emphasizes his willingness to look like a fool for love. Jerry Good complements the singer’s dreamy, falsetto-laced vocals with a retro, yet fresh blend of ringing keys, downtempo percussion and atmospheric synth-strings. Fans will be able to find this cut, April’s reader-approved The Love Connection and much more on A Place Called Love Land, scheduled to drop via 368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent. before summer’s end.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.