I cannot tell a lie, Booth readers: Raheem DeVaughn‘s latest single is f**king Ridiculous. While I’m using that adjective in the positive, slangy sense, the singer evidently wouldn’t mind if I applied the dictionary definition (“deserving or inviting derision or mockery”) to him. As long as he gets to be with a certain woman, he could care less what unkind words are aimed his way. On this heartfelt, Ne-Yo-penned ballad, the DMV resident emphasizes his willingness to look like a fool for love. Jerry Good complements the singer’s dreamy, falsetto-laced vocals with a retro, yet fresh blend of ringing keys, downtempo percussion and atmospheric synth-strings. Fans will be able to find this cut, April’s reader-approved The Love Connection and much more on A Place Called Love Land, scheduled to drop via 368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent. before summer’s end.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
DMV singer/songwriter Raheem DeVaughn has dropped his latest full-length, A Place Called Love Land. The artist's fourth album in total, the project follows 2010's The Love & War MasterPeace. Included among its 16 original...
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.