I cannot tell a lie, Booth readers: Raheem DeVaughn‘s latest single is f**king Ridiculous. While I’m using that adjective in the positive, slangy sense, the singer evidently wouldn’t mind if I applied the dictionary definition (“deserving or inviting derision or mockery”) to him. As long as he gets to be with a certain woman, he could care less what unkind words are aimed his way. On this heartfelt, Ne-Yo-penned ballad, the DMV resident emphasizes his willingness to look like a fool for love. Jerry Good complements the singer’s dreamy, falsetto-laced vocals with a retro, yet fresh blend of ringing keys, downtempo percussion and atmospheric synth-strings. Fans will be able to find this cut, April’s reader-approved The Love Connection and much more on A Place Called Love Land, scheduled to drop via 368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent. before summer’s end.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.