I cannot tell a lie, Booth readers: Raheem DeVaughn‘s latest single is f**king Ridiculous. While I’m using that adjective in the positive, slangy sense, the singer evidently wouldn’t mind if I applied the dictionary definition (“deserving or inviting derision or mockery”) to him. As long as he gets to be with a certain woman, he could care less what unkind words are aimed his way. On this heartfelt, Ne-Yo-penned ballad, the DMV resident emphasizes his willingness to look like a fool for love. Jerry Good complements the singer’s dreamy, falsetto-laced vocals with a retro, yet fresh blend of ringing keys, downtempo percussion and atmospheric synth-strings. Fans will be able to find this cut, April’s reader-approved The Love Connection and much more on A Place Called Love Land, scheduled to drop via 368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent. before summer’s end.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.