Feeling a little apathetic today? This just might be your jam. On the second single off his forthcoming junior album, Raheem DeVaughn tells the world just how indifferent he is to his naysayers’ opinions, particularly when it comes to his love life: “Let them hate if they wanna – I Don’t Care” Fortunately for listeners, the singer’s vocal delivery doesn’t match the track’s noncommittal title, nor does the instrumental backdrop; DeVaughn laces the track with silky-smooth kiss-offs and melismatic vocal runs, and Los Angeles trio The Stereotypes rise to the occasion with a triumphant beat blending brass fanfare, jazzy organ chords, and tambourine-driven percussion. It all adds up to an upbeat cut that should elicit much more than a shrug from Booth readers. The Love&War MasterPiece is set to drop sometime in the first quarter of 2010 via Jive Records. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest broadcasts from Radio Raheem.
Listen to More: Raheem DeVaughn
Written by richard on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.