Feeling a little apathetic today? This just might be your jam. On the second single off his forthcoming junior album, Raheem DeVaughn tells the world just how indifferent he is to his naysayers’ opinions, particularly when it comes to his love life: “Let them hate if they wanna – I Don’t Care” Fortunately for listeners, the singer’s vocal delivery doesn’t match the track’s noncommittal title, nor does the instrumental backdrop; DeVaughn laces the track with silky-smooth kiss-offs and melismatic vocal runs, and Los Angeles trio The Stereotypes rise to the occasion with a triumphant beat blending brass fanfare, jazzy organ chords, and tambourine-driven percussion. It all adds up to an upbeat cut that should elicit much more than a shrug from Booth readers. The Love&War MasterPiece is set to drop sometime in the first quarter of 2010 via Jive Records. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest broadcasts from Radio Raheem.
Listen to More: Raheem DeVaughn
Written by richard on 01/11/10
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.