Feeling a little apathetic today? This just might be your jam. On the second single off his forthcoming junior album, Raheem DeVaughn tells the world just how indifferent he is to his naysayers’ opinions, particularly when it comes to his love life: “Let them hate if they wanna – I Don’t Care” Fortunately for listeners, the singer’s vocal delivery doesn’t match the track’s noncommittal title, nor does the instrumental backdrop; DeVaughn laces the track with silky-smooth kiss-offs and melismatic vocal runs, and Los Angeles trio The Stereotypes rise to the occasion with a triumphant beat blending brass fanfare, jazzy organ chords, and tambourine-driven percussion. It all adds up to an upbeat cut that should elicit much more than a shrug from Booth readers. The Love&War MasterPiece is set to drop sometime in the first quarter of 2010 via Jive Records. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest broadcasts from Radio Raheem.
Listen to More: Raheem DeVaughn
Written by richard on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.