Feeling a little apathetic today? This just might be your jam. On the second single off his forthcoming junior album, Raheem DeVaughn tells the world just how indifferent he is to his naysayers’ opinions, particularly when it comes to his love life: “Let them hate if they wanna – I Don’t Care” Fortunately for listeners, the singer’s vocal delivery doesn’t match the track’s noncommittal title, nor does the instrumental backdrop; DeVaughn laces the track with silky-smooth kiss-offs and melismatic vocal runs, and Los Angeles trio The Stereotypes rise to the occasion with a triumphant beat blending brass fanfare, jazzy organ chords, and tambourine-driven percussion. It all adds up to an upbeat cut that should elicit much more than a shrug from Booth readers. The Love&War MasterPiece is set to drop sometime in the first quarter of 2010 via Jive Records. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest broadcasts from Radio Raheem.
Listen to More: Raheem DeVaughn
Written by richard on 01/11/10
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.