Attention ladies: if you need a little something to lift your spirits, Raheem Devaughn has you covered. On this standout cut (not a potential single) off the Jersey native’s forthcoming junior album, DeVaughn promises a lucky woman that, when she isn’t feeling beautiful, he’ll be there to remind her of The Greatness he sees radiating from her. Beatsmith Kenny Dope delivers an upbeat, lightly-jazzy synth instrumental as the silver-tongued crooner rhapsodizes about his girl’s many admirable features, and D.C. heavyweight Wale ties the track together with an equally smooth guest verse, asking a female with “...the grace of Alicia Keys” to be the Michelle to his Barack. Does this energetic, positive-minded jam live up to its title? We report, you decide. Those who like what they’re hearing can find The Greatness, previously-featured single I Don’t Care, and much more on Radio Raheem’s third full-length, The Love&War MasterPeace, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers this Tuesday.
Written by richard on 02/28/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.