If Raheem DeVaughn ever happens to ask you out to lunch, beware. You guys are probably talking about two different things. If you go through with it and he tips you afterward, don’t be offended; it’s totally normal behavior for him. The DC native capitalizes on the success of his food metaphor-infused single, Customer, by remixing it with fellow Chocolate Cityite Robyn Janelle. Like the original, the remix is wrapper-licking good. Janelle and DeVaughn go together like peanut butter and jelly. Producers from One Up Entertainment don’t cook up the original beat too much, allowing the honey-sweet voices of the two artists to take center stage. All in all, it’s a nice dessert to a delicious entrée. Cheers.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/30/08
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.