If Raheem DeVaughn ever happens to ask you out to lunch, beware. You guys are probably talking about two different things. If you go through with it and he tips you afterward, don’t be offended; it’s totally normal behavior for him. The DC native capitalizes on the success of his food metaphor-infused single, Customer, by remixing it with fellow Chocolate Cityite Robyn Janelle. Like the original, the remix is wrapper-licking good. Janelle and DeVaughn go together like peanut butter and jelly. Producers from One Up Entertainment don’t cook up the original beat too much, allowing the honey-sweet voices of the two artists to take center stage. All in all, it’s a nice dessert to a delicious entrée. Cheers.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/30/08
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.