If Raheem DeVaughn ever happens to ask you out to lunch, beware. You guys are probably talking about two different things. If you go through with it and he tips you afterward, don’t be offended; it’s totally normal behavior for him. The DC native capitalizes on the success of his food metaphor-infused single, Customer, by remixing it with fellow Chocolate Cityite Robyn Janelle. Like the original, the remix is wrapper-licking good. Janelle and DeVaughn go together like peanut butter and jelly. Producers from One Up Entertainment don’t cook up the original beat too much, allowing the honey-sweet voices of the two artists to take center stage. All in all, it’s a nice dessert to a delicious entrée. Cheers.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/30/08
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.