Could it be true? Has it really been coming up on two years since we last heard a headlining single from Raheem Devaughn? To answer my own rhetorical question yes, Devaughn’s 2010 offering She’s Single was the last time the DMV crooner grabbed the spotlight on our pages. But what better time for a return than with a track like Be the One, just days before Valentine’s Day? (That was another rhetorical question.) Producer Mark Henry delivers and then some on the beat, crafting a lush and luxurious beat built around a string section that simply screams romance. It’s a beat backdrop Raheem was born to sing over and sure enough he lays down some silky smooth promises to the woman of his dreams: not only will be cook and clean, he’ll break out that Black Card upon request. In fact, his delivery is so convincing that he even convinces Snoop Dogg to put aside his usually pimpin ways in favor of some outright romance himself. Devaughn’s comeback (that is, if he ever really left) kicks off in earnest when his Destination Loveland EP drops, you guessed it, February 14.
368 Music Group/Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.