If dope ’90s hip-hop had hands, it’d be giving a standing ovation to Rah Digga, who has been killing mics for well over a decade now. Bringing back some heavy lyrical integrity to the game, Digga blew Booth readers away with her feature work on Eternia & MoSS’ BBQ track and is now showing listeners her solo abilities on her new single This Ain’t No Lil Kid Rap. Personally, I’m not always a big fan of female emcees, but Rah passes my expectations with her breathless strikes over an equally impressive, upbeat Nottz production. Rah was never one to show mercy, and on No Lil Kid Rap she sets out to prove that she is still a lyricist’s dream and a hater’s nightmare: “Re-occurring nightmare/ Michael, Freddy, Jason/ code of the Da Vinci/ bi**h is like pinch me/ drag ‘em all to hell/ 2012, go against me.” Hide the children, these is grown folks talkin’. If you liked this rated M (for mature) track, be sure to keep a lookout for her ambitiously titled album Classic, dropping September 14 via Raw Koncept.
Listen to More: Rah Digga Written by Sigurd
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.