If dope ’90s hip-hop had hands, it’d be giving a standing ovation to Rah Digga, who has been killing mics for well over a decade now. Bringing back some heavy lyrical integrity to the game, Digga blew Booth readers away with her feature work on Eternia & MoSS’ BBQ track and is now showing listeners her solo abilities on her new single This Ain’t No Lil Kid Rap. Personally, I’m not always a big fan of female emcees, but Rah passes my expectations with her breathless strikes over an equally impressive, upbeat Nottz production. Rah was never one to show mercy, and on No Lil Kid Rap she sets out to prove that she is still a lyricist’s dream and a hater’s nightmare: “Re-occurring nightmare/ Michael, Freddy, Jason/ code of the Da Vinci/ bi**h is like pinch me/ drag ‘em all to hell/ 2012, go against me.” Hide the children, these is grown folks talkin’. If you liked this rated M (for mature) track, be sure to keep a lookout for her ambitiously titled album Classic, dropping September 14 via Raw Koncept.
Listen to More: Rah Digga
Written by Sigurd on 06/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The BBQ" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.