If dope ’90s hip-hop had hands, it’d be giving a standing ovation to Rah Digga, who has been killing mics for well over a decade now. Bringing back some heavy lyrical integrity to the game, Digga blew Booth readers away with her feature work on Eternia & MoSS’ BBQ track and is now showing listeners her solo abilities on her new single This Ain’t No Lil Kid Rap. Personally, I’m not always a big fan of female emcees, but Rah passes my expectations with her breathless strikes over an equally impressive, upbeat Nottz production. Rah was never one to show mercy, and on No Lil Kid Rap she sets out to prove that she is still a lyricist’s dream and a hater’s nightmare: “Re-occurring nightmare/ Michael, Freddy, Jason/ code of the Da Vinci/ bi**h is like pinch me/ drag ‘em all to hell/ 2012, go against me.” Hide the children, these is grown folks talkin’. If you liked this rated M (for mature) track, be sure to keep a lookout for her ambitiously titled album Classic, dropping September 14 via Raw Koncept.
Written by Sigurd on 06/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The BBQ" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.