If dope ’90s hip-hop had hands, it’d be giving a standing ovation to Rah Digga, who has been killing mics for well over a decade now. Bringing back some heavy lyrical integrity to the game, Digga blew Booth readers away with her feature work on Eternia & MoSS’ BBQ track and is now showing listeners her solo abilities on her new single This Ain’t No Lil Kid Rap. Personally, I’m not always a big fan of female emcees, but Rah passes my expectations with her breathless strikes over an equally impressive, upbeat Nottz production. Rah was never one to show mercy, and on No Lil Kid Rap she sets out to prove that she is still a lyricist’s dream and a hater’s nightmare: “Re-occurring nightmare/ Michael, Freddy, Jason/ code of the Da Vinci/ bi**h is like pinch me/ drag ‘em all to hell/ 2012, go against me.” Hide the children, these is grown folks talkin’. If you liked this rated M (for mature) track, be sure to keep a lookout for her ambitiously titled album Classic, dropping September 14 via Raw Koncept.
Written by Sigurd on 06/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The BBQ" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.