Find yourself running back whenever you try to end it with a significant other, in full knowledge you’re bound to get hurt again? You may be suffering from Troubled Lovers Syndrome. For an illustration of the key symptoms, we turn to unsigned soul songstress Raffinae, making her DJBooth debut with the latest single off her next street release. ThemPeople handle production duties, flipping Mayer Hawthorne‘s cover of James Pants’ Thin Moon into a dreamy backdrop for the singer’s lyrical portrait of romantic ambivalence. Throughout the cut, Raffinae showcases an impressive array of vocal tricks and techniques, from shimmering, overdubbed harmonies to staccato “flows.” This joint is part of a forthcoming, as yet-untitled project, tentatively scheduled for release this summer.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.