Ice H20, Inc.’s newest signee JD Era has teamed up with label head Raekwon for a freestyle over Nas’ Nasty beat, produced by Salaam Remi, called Dirty Water. Raekwon kicks of the track with a rapid fire rhyme in his typical laid back yet grizzled style. JD Era, who lets us know that he has Nas lyrics tattooed on his arm in his verse, tries to match Rae’s microphone charisma with clever wordplay, ending the track with the eyebrow raising quip “got your b**ch in the bed…swallow me and kiss you, n**ga that’s nasty.” Toronto has found worldwide commercial success with artists as diverse as K-oS and Drake, and it appears that Rae is hoping to tap into some of that cash flow on both sides of the border with JD Era. The T-Dot emcee is set to release a new mixtape in the near future called, No Handouts.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/15/11
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.