Ice H20, Inc.’s newest signee JD Era has teamed up with label head Raekwon for a freestyle over Nas’ Nasty beat, produced by Salaam Remi, called Dirty Water. Raekwon kicks of the track with a rapid fire rhyme in his typical laid back yet grizzled style. JD Era, who lets us know that he has Nas lyrics tattooed on his arm in his verse, tries to match Rae’s microphone charisma with clever wordplay, ending the track with the eyebrow raising quip “got your b**ch in the bed…swallow me and kiss you, n**ga that’s nasty.” Toronto has found worldwide commercial success with artists as diverse as K-oS and Drake, and it appears that Rae is hoping to tap into some of that cash flow on both sides of the border with JD Era. The T-Dot emcee is set to release a new mixtape in the near future called, No Handouts.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/15/11
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.