Ice H20, Inc.’s newest signee JD Era has teamed up with label head Raekwon for a freestyle over Nas’ Nasty beat, produced by Salaam Remi, called Dirty Water. Raekwon kicks of the track with a rapid fire rhyme in his typical laid back yet grizzled style. JD Era, who lets us know that he has Nas lyrics tattooed on his arm in his verse, tries to match Rae’s microphone charisma with clever wordplay, ending the track with the eyebrow raising quip “got your b**ch in the bed…swallow me and kiss you, n**ga that’s nasty.” Toronto has found worldwide commercial success with artists as diverse as K-oS and Drake, and it appears that Rae is hoping to tap into some of that cash flow on both sides of the border with JD Era. The T-Dot emcee is set to release a new mixtape in the near future called, No Handouts.
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.