Ice H20, Inc.’s newest signee JD Era has teamed up with label head Raekwon for a freestyle over Nas’ Nasty beat, produced by Salaam Remi, called Dirty Water. Raekwon kicks of the track with a rapid fire rhyme in his typical laid back yet grizzled style. JD Era, who lets us know that he has Nas lyrics tattooed on his arm in his verse, tries to match Rae’s microphone charisma with clever wordplay, ending the track with the eyebrow raising quip “got your b**ch in the bed…swallow me and kiss you, n**ga that’s nasty.” Toronto has found worldwide commercial success with artists as diverse as K-oS and Drake, and it appears that Rae is hoping to tap into some of that cash flow on both sides of the border with JD Era. The T-Dot emcee is set to release a new mixtape in the near future called, No Handouts.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/15/11
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.