In contrast to the more animated RZA and Ghostface Killah, Raekwon the Chef has usually been the more mellow and soft-spoken alum of the Wu-Tang Clan. Lucky for us, after years of lying relatively low, Raekwon has launched himself back in the spotlight over the past few months after the release of his new-school classic Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 (OB4CL2). Apparently not content to fade into the background again, he’s set to release a Gold Deluxe Edition of OB4CL2, available August 17, only via iTunes. The Gold Deluxe Edition will have six new songs added to the album, and today Rae drops off one of those, the hazy and pounding Travel Places. Produced by DK, Travel Places takes us back to a gritty ‘90s hip hop sound; both the beat and Rae’s flow are more Motorola T900 (2-Way Pager) than iPhone. Always known for great storytelling, on the mic the Chef doesn’t disappoint as he serves up his latest lyrical dish, paying homage to the various women who have held him down throughout the years. For more golden sounds, be sure to check out OB4CL2; you won’t be disappointed.
Listen to More: Raekwon
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/15/10
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.