The vast majority of us will never have the opportunity to visit Raekwon‘s crib, let alone kick it in The Living Room. I live in NYC and work for the greatest hip-hop site on earth, and I’ve yet to receive an invite. Fortunately, you can get an approximation of the experience by hitting play on the Wu-Tang lyricist’s latest promo single, a loosie not attached to his next album. The record begins on a laid-back back note, with the artist flexing his lyrical muscles over producer Illness‘s brassy, soul-sampled instrumental. After the opening verse, the beat transforms into a tenser keyboard-loop groove, and Rae ups the intensity of his flow to match. There’s one more curveball in store before the end—namely, an extended outro sampled from Dionne Warwick’s classic rendition of Walk on By. Now that you’ve followed The Living Room through all its twists and turns, are you craving more fresh tunes from the Chef? Then stay tuned for the latest singles and release details leading up to the yet-unscheduled arrival of his sixth solo set, Fly International Luxurious Art.
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.