Raekwon the Chef has been busy cooking his latest masterpiece, Shaolin vs. Wu Tang, due to be served on March 8. However, before every main course comes an appetizer, so Rae’s baked up a release in the form of title track Shaolin vs. Wu Tang. Produced by Scram Jones, we get the familiar beginning of a classic karate flick sample that transitions into some heavy orchestra strings reminiscent of that 90’s Wu-Tang style. Although Scram seems to be just doing his best RZA impersonation, it does its job, continuing to showcase Raekwon as one of rap’s most consistent emcees as he spits hard-laced lines that are every bit as gully as they were in his original OB4CL days. This combination is more than enough to leave hip-hop heads happy, but die hard Wu loyalists may be disappointed; with a 30 second intro and 15 second skit in the middle, the song is only about 1:45 seconds. It may seem like a teaser, but it should be enough to get the masses hungry for more.
Listen to More: Raekwon
Written by JRTheWriter on 01/13/11
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.