Raekwon the Chef has been busy cooking his latest masterpiece, Shaolin vs. Wu Tang, due to be served on March 8. However, before every main course comes an appetizer, so Rae’s baked up a release in the form of title track Shaolin vs. Wu Tang. Produced by Scram Jones, we get the familiar beginning of a classic karate flick sample that transitions into some heavy orchestra strings reminiscent of that 90’s Wu-Tang style. Although Scram seems to be just doing his best RZA impersonation, it does its job, continuing to showcase Raekwon as one of rap’s most consistent emcees as he spits hard-laced lines that are every bit as gully as they were in his original OB4CL days. This combination is more than enough to leave hip-hop heads happy, but die hard Wu loyalists may be disappointed; with a 30 second intro and 15 second skit in the middle, the song is only about 1:45 seconds. It may seem like a teaser, but it should be enough to get the masses hungry for more.
Listen to More: Raekwon Written by JRTheWriter
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.