Raekwon the Chef has been busy cooking his latest masterpiece, Shaolin vs. Wu Tang, due to be served on March 8. However, before every main course comes an appetizer, so Rae’s baked up a release in the form of title track Shaolin vs. Wu Tang. Produced by Scram Jones, we get the familiar beginning of a classic karate flick sample that transitions into some heavy orchestra strings reminiscent of that 90’s Wu-Tang style. Although Scram seems to be just doing his best RZA impersonation, it does its job, continuing to showcase Raekwon as one of rap’s most consistent emcees as he spits hard-laced lines that are every bit as gully as they were in his original OB4CL days. This combination is more than enough to leave hip-hop heads happy, but die hard Wu loyalists may be disappointed; with a 30 second intro and 15 second skit in the middle, the song is only about 1:45 seconds. It may seem like a teaser, but it should be enough to get the masses hungry for more.
Written by JRTheWriter on 01/13/11
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.