Raekwon the Chef has been busy cooking his latest masterpiece, Shaolin vs. Wu Tang, due to be served on March 8. However, before every main course comes an appetizer, so Rae’s baked up a release in the form of title track Shaolin vs. Wu Tang. Produced by Scram Jones, we get the familiar beginning of a classic karate flick sample that transitions into some heavy orchestra strings reminiscent of that 90’s Wu-Tang style. Although Scram seems to be just doing his best RZA impersonation, it does its job, continuing to showcase Raekwon as one of rap’s most consistent emcees as he spits hard-laced lines that are every bit as gully as they were in his original OB4CL days. This combination is more than enough to leave hip-hop heads happy, but die hard Wu loyalists may be disappointed; with a 30 second intro and 15 second skit in the middle, the song is only about 1:45 seconds. It may seem like a teaser, but it should be enough to get the masses hungry for more.
Written by JRTheWriter on 01/13/11
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)