Recently heard lending his seasoned flow to joints by Lloyd Banks (Drop a Diamond) and The Kid Daytona (Damier Suitcases), Raekwon takes a break from killing guest verses to revamp a hip-hop classic on his latest promo single. As old-school heads may have surmised, It’s My Thing is inspired by EPMD‘s 1988 cut of the same name. RoadsArt Production hews close to the original beat, built around Mountain’s oft-flipped Long Red break, but the verses are pure Raekwon, rapidly pinballing between upscale braggadocio and hard-boiled street narrative. Though this joint isn’t attached to any larger project, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest on Rae’s F.I.L.A. LP, scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date in 2014.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.