Recently heard lending his seasoned flow to joints by Lloyd Banks (Drop a Diamond) and The Kid Daytona (Damier Suitcases), Raekwon takes a break from killing guest verses to revamp a hip-hop classic on his latest promo single. As old-school heads may have surmised, It’s My Thing is inspired by EPMD‘s 1988 cut of the same name. RoadsArt Production hews close to the original beat, built around Mountain’s oft-flipped Long Red break, but the verses are pure Raekwon, rapidly pinballing between upscale braggadocio and hard-boiled street narrative. Though this joint isn’t attached to any larger project, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest on Rae’s F.I.L.A. LP, scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date in 2014.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.