Recently heard lending his seasoned flow to joints by Lloyd Banks (Drop a Diamond) and The Kid Daytona (Damier Suitcases), Raekwon takes a break from killing guest verses to revamp a hip-hop classic on his latest promo single. As old-school heads may have surmised, It’s My Thing is inspired by EPMD‘s 1988 cut of the same name. RoadsArt Production hews close to the original beat, built around Mountain’s oft-flipped Long Red break, but the verses are pure Raekwon, rapidly pinballing between upscale braggadocio and hard-boiled street narrative. Though this joint isn’t attached to any larger project, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest on Rae’s F.I.L.A. LP, scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date in 2014.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.