Recently heard lending his seasoned flow to joints by Lloyd Banks (Drop a Diamond) and The Kid Daytona (Damier Suitcases), Raekwon takes a break from killing guest verses to revamp a hip-hop classic on his latest promo single. As old-school heads may have surmised, It’s My Thing is inspired by EPMD‘s 1988 cut of the same name. RoadsArt Production hews close to the original beat, built around Mountain’s oft-flipped Long Red break, but the verses are pure Raekwon, rapidly pinballing between upscale braggadocio and hard-boiled street narrative. Though this joint isn’t attached to any larger project, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest on Rae’s F.I.L.A. LP, scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date in 2014.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)