With some artists, listening to a new record feels like a Gamble—you might luck out and experience something dope, but it could also be a complete waste of time. Hitting play on a Raekwon cut, on the other hand, you know exactly what to expect: namely, dopeness. That’s not to say this loosie doesn’t hold its share of surprises. Driven by a chirping Chipmunk-soul sample, Scram Jones‘s instrumental is quirkier than the Chef’s usual fare. The guest lineup also features a wild card: in addition to the lyrical stylings of East Harlem vet Bodega BAMZ, we get a guest 16 from Staten Island newcomer Spankjusbizness. Gamble isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans should watch our pages for the latest on Rae’s Fly International Luxurious Art LP, which is currently finished and awaiting a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.