With some artists, listening to a new record feels like a Gamble—you might luck out and experience something dope, but it could also be a complete waste of time. Hitting play on a Raekwon cut, on the other hand, you know exactly what to expect: namely, dopeness. That’s not to say this loosie doesn’t hold its share of surprises. Driven by a chirping Chipmunk-soul sample, Scram Jones‘s instrumental is quirkier than the Chef’s usual fare. The guest lineup also features a wild card: in addition to the lyrical stylings of East Harlem vet Bodega BAMZ, we get a guest 16 from Staten Island newcomer Spankjusbizness. Gamble isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans should watch our pages for the latest on Rae’s Fly International Luxurious Art LP, which is currently finished and awaiting a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.