With some artists, listening to a new record feels like a Gamble—you might luck out and experience something dope, but it could also be a complete waste of time. Hitting play on a Raekwon cut, on the other hand, you know exactly what to expect: namely, dopeness. That’s not to say this loosie doesn’t hold its share of surprises. Driven by a chirping Chipmunk-soul sample, Scram Jones‘s instrumental is quirkier than the Chef’s usual fare. The guest lineup also features a wild card: in addition to the lyrical stylings of East Harlem vet Bodega BAMZ, we get a guest 16 from Staten Island newcomer Spankjusbizness. Gamble isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans should watch our pages for the latest on Rae’s Fly International Luxurious Art LP, which is currently finished and awaiting a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.