With some artists, listening to a new record feels like a Gamble—you might luck out and experience something dope, but it could also be a complete waste of time. Hitting play on a Raekwon cut, on the other hand, you know exactly what to expect: namely, dopeness. That’s not to say this loosie doesn’t hold its share of surprises. Driven by a chirping Chipmunk-soul sample, Scram Jones‘s instrumental is quirkier than the Chef’s usual fare. The guest lineup also features a wild card: in addition to the lyrical stylings of East Harlem vet Bodega BAMZ, we get a guest 16 from Staten Island newcomer Spankjusbizness. Gamble isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans should watch our pages for the latest on Rae’s Fly International Luxurious Art LP, which is currently finished and awaiting a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.