Yesterday evening, just as I was starting to think about dinner, I caught a whiff of Chinese takeout from a neighboring apartment (sweet and sour pork, to be exact), and was suddenly struck by a craving of epic proportions; though I had plenty of food around, nothing else seemed appetizing anymore. For diehard fans of Raekwon, it’s likely that his exclusive interview with DJ Z (premiered today) stirred up similar feelings; if the Chef’s tantalizing descriptions of Cuban Linx II have your mouth watering uncontrollably, we’ve got just the remedy: Flashback Memories, a track that finds the Wu-Tang emcee and Black Wall Street general The Game reminiscing about their hood beginnings in vividly poetic verses. Beatsmith BT backs their rhymes with a dreamy, crackling sample that perfectly captures the nostalgic mood, and it all adds up to a cut likely to leave listeners longing for more—luckily, fans only have to wait till May 2nd for Rae’s Blood on Chef’s Apron mixtape, which should hold them over until the entrée’s August 11th arrival.
Written by richard on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.