Yesterday evening, just as I was starting to think about dinner, I caught a whiff of Chinese takeout from a neighboring apartment (sweet and sour pork, to be exact), and was suddenly struck by a craving of epic proportions; though I had plenty of food around, nothing else seemed appetizing anymore. For diehard fans of Raekwon, it’s likely that his exclusive interview with DJ Z (premiered today) stirred up similar feelings; if the Chef’s tantalizing descriptions of Cuban Linx II have your mouth watering uncontrollably, we’ve got just the remedy: Flashback Memories, a track that finds the Wu-Tang emcee and Black Wall Street general The Game reminiscing about their hood beginnings in vividly poetic verses. Beatsmith BT backs their rhymes with a dreamy, crackling sample that perfectly captures the nostalgic mood, and it all adds up to a cut likely to leave listeners longing for more—luckily, fans only have to wait till May 2nd for Rae’s Blood on Chef’s Apron mixtape, which should hold them over until the entrée’s August 11th arrival.
Written by richard on 04/30/09
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.