Yesterday evening, just as I was starting to think about dinner, I caught a whiff of Chinese takeout from a neighboring apartment (sweet and sour pork, to be exact), and was suddenly struck by a craving of epic proportions; though I had plenty of food around, nothing else seemed appetizing anymore. For diehard fans of Raekwon, it’s likely that his exclusive interview with DJ Z (premiered today) stirred up similar feelings; if the Chef’s tantalizing descriptions of Cuban Linx II have your mouth watering uncontrollably, we’ve got just the remedy: Flashback Memories, a track that finds the Wu-Tang emcee and Black Wall Street general The Game reminiscing about their hood beginnings in vividly poetic verses. Beatsmith BT backs their rhymes with a dreamy, crackling sample that perfectly captures the nostalgic mood, and it all adds up to a cut likely to leave listeners longing for more—luckily, fans only have to wait till May 2nd for Rae’s Blood on Chef’s Apron mixtape, which should hold them over until the entrée’s August 11th arrival.
Written by richard on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.