As Raekwon the Chef puts the final seasonings on his much-anticipated Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II, he’s trimming some of the excess fat to maintain the retro flavor listeners have been waiting for (as exemplified by the Booth-acclaimed Wu Ooh). One of these cuttings is Maino collaboration Dealer. Over Swizz Beatz protégé Neo Da Matrix‘s beat, the two emcees carry the movement from Staten Island to Brooklyn with equally strong verses. The only problem is, when one collaborator is a member of one of hip-hop’s deepest crews and the other’s still working on his debut album, are both artists really supposed to spit with the same skill? Still, if you enjoy Dealer, then prepare for one succulent main course later this spring, when the Chef finally serves up Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II.
Written by Burmy on 02/11/09
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.