When he stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview back in April, Raekwon the Chef told DJ Z that, if he were to serve one Cuban Linx II track to his fans on a silver platter, it would be House of Flying Daggers. Well, listeners rejoice—dinner is served! Featuring guest contributions from a whopping four of Rae’s fellow Wu-Tang emcees (Inspectah Deck, GZA, Ghostface, and Method Man), the newly-selected street single is a little much to digest in one sitting, but the end result is nothing if not addictive. Accompanied by the late J Dilla‘s relentless, claustrophobic soul stomp of a beat (complete, of course, with a few kung-fu-film vocal samples), all five turn in plenty of vintage, Wu-style street lyricism. Suffice it to say, HoFD is less an entrée and more of a musical feast in its own right—if this gourmet cut leaves you patting your stomach, pay your compliments to the Chef by picking up a copy of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II when it hits stores Sept. 8th.
Written by richard on 08/2/09
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.