When he stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview back in April, Raekwon the Chef told DJ Z that, if he were to serve one Cuban Linx II track to his fans on a silver platter, it would be House of Flying Daggers. Well, listeners rejoice—dinner is served! Featuring guest contributions from a whopping four of Rae’s fellow Wu-Tang emcees (Inspectah Deck, GZA, Ghostface, and Method Man), the newly-selected street single is a little much to digest in one sitting, but the end result is nothing if not addictive. Accompanied by the late J Dilla‘s relentless, claustrophobic soul stomp of a beat (complete, of course, with a few kung-fu-film vocal samples), all five turn in plenty of vintage, Wu-style street lyricism. Suffice it to say, HoFD is less an entrée and more of a musical feast in its own right—if this gourmet cut leaves you patting your stomach, pay your compliments to the Chef by picking up a copy of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II when it hits stores Sept. 8th.
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.