When he stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview back in April, Raekwon the Chef told DJ Z that, if he were to serve one Cuban Linx II track to his fans on a silver platter, it would be House of Flying Daggers. Well, listeners rejoice—dinner is served! Featuring guest contributions from a whopping four of Rae’s fellow Wu-Tang emcees (Inspectah Deck, GZA, Ghostface, and Method Man), the newly-selected street single is a little much to digest in one sitting, but the end result is nothing if not addictive. Accompanied by the late J Dilla‘s relentless, claustrophobic soul stomp of a beat (complete, of course, with a few kung-fu-film vocal samples), all five turn in plenty of vintage, Wu-style street lyricism. Suffice it to say, HoFD is less an entrée and more of a musical feast in its own right—if this gourmet cut leaves you patting your stomach, pay your compliments to the Chef by picking up a copy of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II when it hits stores Sept. 8th.
Written by richard on 08/2/09
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.