Featured earlier this month, Only Built for Cuban Linx II street single House of Flying Daggers made one fact blindingly clear: when Wu-Tang emcees get together over a beat by the late, great J. Dilla, a spectacular record—and rave Booth reviews—are sure to follow. With the hotly-anticipated LP’s September 8th arrival only a couple short weeks away, Raekwon the Chef‘s back to serve up a leaked track that, though not quite as star-studded as his last feature, will undoubtedly succeed on the same principle. 10 Bricks finds Rae, Ghostface, and Wu affiliate Cappadonna linking up to deliver a triple-helping of classic, vividly-rendered street storytelling over Jay Dee’s vintage backdrop—this time around, the iconic beatsmith’s boardwork centers around a repeated plucked-string sample whose tension never quite finds release. Rae’s musical recipe seems to yield choice cuts time and time again, and, sequel or no, Cuban Linx II is shaping up to be one hell of a feast.
Written by richard on 08/24/09
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.