Featured earlier this month, Only Built for Cuban Linx II street single House of Flying Daggers made one fact blindingly clear: when Wu-Tang emcees get together over a beat by the late, great J. Dilla, a spectacular record—and rave Booth reviews—are sure to follow. With the hotly-anticipated LP’s September 8th arrival only a couple short weeks away, Raekwon the Chef‘s back to serve up a leaked track that, though not quite as star-studded as his last feature, will undoubtedly succeed on the same principle. 10 Bricks finds Rae, Ghostface, and Wu affiliate Cappadonna linking up to deliver a triple-helping of classic, vividly-rendered street storytelling over Jay Dee’s vintage backdrop—this time around, the iconic beatsmith’s boardwork centers around a repeated plucked-string sample whose tension never quite finds release. Rae’s musical recipe seems to yield choice cuts time and time again, and, sequel or no, Cuban Linx II is shaping up to be one hell of a feast.
Written by richard on 08/24/09
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.