As it turns out, even Raekwon has a soft side. On his new record, called Once in a Lifetime, The Chef puts his cocaine-dealing exploits on the back burner and talks about his feelings. Helping him out is Mika (not to be confused with the Lebanese pop falsetto), who steals the show with her poignant crooning. The two lovestruck artists pillow-talk over a fittingly mushy beat by The Breakfast Club, who keep it simple with a tender keyboard melody and some light handclaps. The next time you stay in for a romantic evening or go out for a late night creep, Once in a Lifetime should do a good job setting the mood. Sure, Raekwon might hold his girl with his left hand while moving kilos with his right, but at least he’s trying. And that’s half of what counts in a relationship – right, ladies?
Listen to More: Raekwon
Written by Charlie E. on 06/15/08
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)