As it turns out, even Raekwon has a soft side. On his new record, called Once in a Lifetime, The Chef puts his cocaine-dealing exploits on the back burner and talks about his feelings. Helping him out is Mika (not to be confused with the Lebanese pop falsetto), who steals the show with her poignant crooning. The two lovestruck artists pillow-talk over a fittingly mushy beat by The Breakfast Club, who keep it simple with a tender keyboard melody and some light handclaps. The next time you stay in for a romantic evening or go out for a late night creep, Once in a Lifetime should do a good job setting the mood. Sure, Raekwon might hold his girl with his left hand while moving kilos with his right, but at least he’s trying. And that’s half of what counts in a relationship – right, ladies?
Listen to More: Raekwon
Written by Charlie E. on 06/15/08
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.