As it turns out, even Raekwon has a soft side. On his new record, called Once in a Lifetime, The Chef puts his cocaine-dealing exploits on the back burner and talks about his feelings. Helping him out is Mika (not to be confused with the Lebanese pop falsetto), who steals the show with her poignant crooning. The two lovestruck artists pillow-talk over a fittingly mushy beat by The Breakfast Club, who keep it simple with a tender keyboard melody and some light handclaps. The next time you stay in for a romantic evening or go out for a late night creep, Once in a Lifetime should do a good job setting the mood. Sure, Raekwon might hold his girl with his left hand while moving kilos with his right, but at least he’s trying. And that’s half of what counts in a relationship – right, ladies?
Listen to More: Raekwon Written by Charlie E.
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!