As it turns out, even Raekwon has a soft side. On his new record, called Once in a Lifetime, The Chef puts his cocaine-dealing exploits on the back burner and talks about his feelings. Helping him out is Mika (not to be confused with the Lebanese pop falsetto), who steals the show with her poignant crooning. The two lovestruck artists pillow-talk over a fittingly mushy beat by The Breakfast Club, who keep it simple with a tender keyboard melody and some light handclaps. The next time you stay in for a romantic evening or go out for a late night creep, Once in a Lifetime should do a good job setting the mood. Sure, Raekwon might hold his girl with his left hand while moving kilos with his right, but at least he’s trying. And that’s half of what counts in a relationship – right, ladies?
Listen to More: Raekwon
Written by Charlie E. on 06/15/08
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.