In Mexican folk legend the Chupacabra (Spanish for “goat sucker”) is a dangerous, rarely seen, werewolf like creature known for killing their victims in the middle of the night by sucking their blood. So while it may at first seem like an odd title for a rap track, further reflection reveals that it’s the perfect metaphor for street hustlers and their criminal ways – leave it to the legendary Raekwon to make the connection. Speaking of legends, Capone-N-Noreaga join the Chef on this gritty banger, apparently Chupacarbas hunt in packs, as each emcee weaves in and out of the piano-based beat constructed by producer Bt (when you’re this good you only need two letters in your name). “Creepin out the lobby / hot as wasabi / on that doctor’s chronic couldn’t see as high as I be.” Scared? You should be…if you’re a wack emcee. Unlike the Chupacabra, we’ll be seeing a lot of Rae in the near future. He’ll be releasing an as yet untitled mixtape in December, followed by a full-length album at the beginning of 2012.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/10/11
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.