Last night I was hanging out in my apartment with my buddies, bagging up cocaine while playing chess and watching old kung-fu movies when Raekwon’s new song Butter Knives came on and we could all barely contain our excitement. Ok, so the coke thing isn’t true, and the chess playing and kung-fu watching isn’t either, but if they were true, I couldn’t think of a better soundtrack to be bumping in the background than Rae’s Butter Knives. With Bronze Nazareth providing production that laces a gritty beat with strings and, of course, king-fu samples that would fit any Wu-Tang alum perfectly, The Chef spits from start to finsih with tighter control than an overprotective parent on prom night. Can’t help but nod your head? Don’t get your hopes up - well, actually kind of get your hopes up; Butter Knives isn’t a single for the upcoming 2011 album, Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, but Rae does insist it serves as a “preview” of the dopeness to come. And if the preview can get us this amped, just imagine what effect the feature film will have.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/9/10
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.