Last night I was hanging out in my apartment with my buddies, bagging up cocaine while playing chess and watching old kung-fu movies when Raekwon’s new song Butter Knives came on and we could all barely contain our excitement. Ok, so the coke thing isn’t true, and the chess playing and kung-fu watching isn’t either, but if they were true, I couldn’t think of a better soundtrack to be bumping in the background than Rae’s Butter Knives. With Bronze Nazareth providing production that laces a gritty beat with strings and, of course, king-fu samples that would fit any Wu-Tang alum perfectly, The Chef spits from start to finsih with tighter control than an overprotective parent on prom night. Can’t help but nod your head? Don’t get your hopes up - well, actually kind of get your hopes up; Butter Knives isn’t a single for the upcoming 2011 album, Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, but Rae does insist it serves as a “preview” of the dopeness to come. And if the preview can get us this amped, just imagine what effect the feature film will have.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/9/10
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.