Last night I was hanging out in my apartment with my buddies, bagging up cocaine while playing chess and watching old kung-fu movies when Raekwon’s new song Butter Knives came on and we could all barely contain our excitement. Ok, so the coke thing isn’t true, and the chess playing and kung-fu watching isn’t either, but if they were true, I couldn’t think of a better soundtrack to be bumping in the background than Rae’s Butter Knives. With Bronze Nazareth providing production that laces a gritty beat with strings and, of course, king-fu samples that would fit any Wu-Tang alum perfectly, The Chef spits from start to finsih with tighter control than an overprotective parent on prom night. Can’t help but nod your head? Don’t get your hopes up - well, actually kind of get your hopes up; Butter Knives isn’t a single for the upcoming 2011 album, Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, but Rae does insist it serves as a “preview” of the dopeness to come. And if the preview can get us this amped, just imagine what effect the feature film will have.
Listen to More: Raekwon
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/9/10
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.