Last night I was hanging out in my apartment with my buddies, bagging up cocaine while playing chess and watching old kung-fu movies when Raekwon’s new song Butter Knives came on and we could all barely contain our excitement. Ok, so the coke thing isn’t true, and the chess playing and kung-fu watching isn’t either, but if they were true, I couldn’t think of a better soundtrack to be bumping in the background than Rae’s Butter Knives. With Bronze Nazareth providing production that laces a gritty beat with strings and, of course, king-fu samples that would fit any Wu-Tang alum perfectly, The Chef spits from start to finsih with tighter control than an overprotective parent on prom night. Can’t help but nod your head? Don’t get your hopes up - well, actually kind of get your hopes up; Butter Knives isn’t a single for the upcoming 2011 album, Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, but Rae does insist it serves as a “preview” of the dopeness to come. And if the preview can get us this amped, just imagine what effect the feature film will have.
Listen to More: Raekwon Written by Ivan Ibarra
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.