How does Raekwon spend his time when the weather’s too grim to pound the pavement? The answer lies in a cut off seminal solo debut Only Built 4 Cuban Linx: “On rainy days I sit back and count ways on getting rich.” The Wu-Tang vet revisits that classic line on A Rainy Day, the latest song release that will build buzz leading up to his sixth full-length; this time around, though, it takes on considerably darker connotations. RoadsArt Production ‘s moody keyboard-loop instrumental, accented with atmospheric rain and thunder effects, backs the Chef as he reminisces about a woman who took advantage of his generosity before leaving him high and dry. The 2014-bound F.I.L.A. has yet to be assigned a drop date, but fans can watch our front page for further news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.