How does Raekwon spend his time when the weather’s too grim to pound the pavement? The answer lies in a cut off seminal solo debut Only Built 4 Cuban Linx: “On rainy days I sit back and count ways on getting rich.” The Wu-Tang vet revisits that classic line on A Rainy Day, the latest song release that will build buzz leading up to his sixth full-length; this time around, though, it takes on considerably darker connotations. RoadsArt Production ‘s moody keyboard-loop instrumental, accented with atmospheric rain and thunder effects, backs the Chef as he reminisces about a woman who took advantage of his generosity before leaving him high and dry. The 2014-bound F.I.L.A. has yet to be assigned a drop date, but fans can watch our front page for further news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Tribute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.