It might seem surprising that two teens, brothers Swae Lee and Slim Jimmy, had one of the hits of the summer in No Flex Zone, but factor in that hitmaker of the moment Mike WiLL Made It both produced the song and is backing them heavily. In fact, the brothers’ group name, Rae Sremmurd, is simply Mike’s label, Ear Drummers, spelled backwards. That also helps explain how both Nicki Minaj and Pusha T independently put out remixes of their own, which have conveniently been packaged together, along with new verses from Swae and Slim, for the official remix. Other rappers might try to flex on their remixes, but they really should know better.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Sum Mo" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.