It might seem surprising that two teens, brothers Swae Lee and Slim Jimmy, had one of the hits of the summer in No Flex Zone, but factor in that hitmaker of the moment Mike WiLL Made It both produced the song and is backing them heavily. In fact, the brothers’ group name, Rae Sremmurd, is simply Mike’s label, Ear Drummers, spelled backwards. That also helps explain how both Nicki Minaj and Pusha T independently put out remixes of their own, which have conveniently been packaged together, along with new verses from Swae and Slim, for the official remix. Other rappers might try to flex on their remixes, but they really should know better.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Sum Mo" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.