It might seem surprising that two teens, brothers Swae Lee and Slim Jimmy, had one of the hits of the summer in No Flex Zone, but factor in that hitmaker of the moment Mike WiLL Made It both produced the song and is backing them heavily. In fact, the brothers’ group name, Rae Sremmurd, is simply Mike’s label, Ear Drummers, spelled backwards. That also helps explain how both Nicki Minaj and Pusha T independently put out remixes of their own, which have conveniently been packaged together, along with new verses from Swae and Slim, for the official remix. Other rappers might try to flex on their remixes, but they really should know better.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Sum Mo" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.