Good lord, has it really been a year since Radio Ramone graced our frontpage for the first (and, to date, last) time? With fellow Vegas representatives Marion Write and Nique regularly making waves in the Booth, it’s high time the emcee swooped in with a new cut – and EP leak Watch Me Fly should serve that purpose nicely. This lofty jam sees beatsmith Mr. Kooman cooking up a pensive, string-driven beat as the artist communicates the breadth of his ambition by way of expressionistic lyrical imagery; in vividly poetic bars, Ramone describes himself as a winged giant sporting the sunglasses of blues legend Ray Charles, soaring through the skies with Sin City on his back (that self-portrait would make one hell of an album cover, huh?). To paraphrase George W. Bush, with material this impressive, it’s only a matter of time before Radio Ramone’s wings take dream – or have I got it twisted? The final call, as always, is yours. Those digging it can find more on his Prelude to a Dream EP, released Friday in anticipation to the March arrival of his Blind Man’s Dream LP.
Written by richard on 01/17/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.