Just how fly is Radio Ramone? So much so that he needs not just one, but at least two records to adequately answer the question. Having covered the topic of altitude on his last feature, which found the Sin City representative “[soaring] to the heavens” as he contemplated his future in the game, Ramone spends his latest mixtape leak (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) emphasizing the swiftness of his ascent; as he explains, he’s climbing the ranks so quickly that, by the time you see him, he’s Already Gone. Be that as it may, this cut’s overarching vibe is decidedly chill, with Black Light Production’ minimal keyboard chords and head-noddable bassline bumping in the background as headliner drops bar after bar of creative braggadocio – even threatening to grow a beard, just to prove he’s on some grown man sh*t. Fame takes center stage on the middle verse, exhibiting a style that complements the headliner’s like “peanut butter and celery.” So, has Ramone tendered sufficient evidence of his flyness? And, more importantly, do you think he should grow that beard? Debate away – and be sure to pick up a copy of his A Blind Man’s Dream LP when it hits RefinedHype.com on April 1.
Written by richard on 03/14/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)