Right about now couples on the East Coast are just sitting down to a (almost assuredly) dinner, while my west coast lovers are showering in preparation for their own romantic rendezvous. But somewhere out there there’s a small cadre of men about to pull the biggest d**k move possible: dumping their girlfriend on Valentine’s Day. Here to provide those men with an anthem, and a hearty defense of their timing, are Radical Something, who unabashedly delve into the complications of the heart on new single Valentine (Cut Me Loose). The trio (Loggy, Josh Cocktail and DJ Big Red) pull double duty on the track, first producing the airy, head-nodding instrumental and then following their own lead with both a catchy crooned hook and penetrating lyrics: “You say you hate liars / so why crucify when I say that I’m tired?” Guys, feel free to use that line in your break-up speech tonight. While fans await the February 26 release of Radical Something’s new album No Sweat, they can ease the pain of waiting with the group’s last offering We Are Nothing, available for free streaming and download here.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label