Right about now couples on the East Coast are just sitting down to a (almost assuredly) dinner, while my west coast lovers are showering in preparation for their own romantic rendezvous. But somewhere out there there’s a small cadre of men about to pull the biggest d**k move possible: dumping their girlfriend on Valentine’s Day. Here to provide those men with an anthem, and a hearty defense of their timing, are Radical Something, who unabashedly delve into the complications of the heart on new single Valentine (Cut Me Loose). The trio (Loggy, Josh Cocktail and DJ Big Red) pull double duty on the track, first producing the airy, head-nodding instrumental and then following their own lead with both a catchy crooned hook and penetrating lyrics: “You say you hate liars / so why crucify when I say that I’m tired?” Guys, feel free to use that line in your break-up speech tonight. While fans await the February 26 release of Radical Something’s new album No Sweat, they can ease the pain of waiting with the group’s last offering We Are Nothing, available for free streaming and download here.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.