Right about now couples on the East Coast are just sitting down to a (almost assuredly) dinner, while my west coast lovers are showering in preparation for their own romantic rendezvous. But somewhere out there there’s a small cadre of men about to pull the biggest d**k move possible: dumping their girlfriend on Valentine’s Day. Here to provide those men with an anthem, and a hearty defense of their timing, are Radical Something, who unabashedly delve into the complications of the heart on new single Valentine (Cut Me Loose). The trio (Loggy, Josh Cocktail and DJ Big Red) pull double duty on the track, first producing the airy, head-nodding instrumental and then following their own lead with both a catchy crooned hook and penetrating lyrics: “You say you hate liars / so why crucify when I say that I’m tired?” Guys, feel free to use that line in your break-up speech tonight. While fans await the February 26 release of Radical Something’s new album No Sweat, they can ease the pain of waiting with the group’s last offering We Are Nothing, available for free streaming and download here.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.