Cali pop ensemble Radical Something never struck me as the types to spend their free time tagging buildings but, as we all know, love can make a person do strange things. On their latest single, the follow-up to June’s Cheap Drink, vocalists Loggy and Josh Cocktail grab a couple cans of Spraypaint to create a visual tribute to the women in their lives. As usual, their vocals come backed by some breezy, upbeat production; this time Goodwill & MGI and Jonas Olsson do the honors, layering laid-back guitar riffs over an energetic hip-hop rhythm section. Director Brian Christ‘s sunny visuals round out the package. While Radical Something’s Ride It Out LP isn’t scheduled to drop until September 2, fans who pre-order the album via iTunes will receive a complimentary digital download of Spraypaint as a bonus.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.